At Violet, we’re on a mission to create more equitable health care. We all deserve to be cared for by clinicians and care providers that understand our diverse identities as well as our clinical needs. We’re looking for an exceptional engineering leader to join our mission.
Who we are:
Violet is creating the first-ever infrastructure for inclusive care via benchmarking cultural competence for providers, upskilling, and democratizing the data across the health care industry.
At Violet, we believe that a clinician’s cultural competence is an essential component for providing the right care -- especially for patients from culturally diverse communities. We believe that patients must be able to bring all of their identities to their clinicians to receive the care they deserve.
Prior to building Violet, the founding team spent years building digital health companies like Oscar and Tempest. The team has already built v1 of the platform and is actively onboarding a select set of strategic digital health and hospital system partners.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Head of Engineering to lead scaling the platform and team.
You're a hands-on engineering leader with at least 7 years of experience in full-stack development. You understand the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, and development standpoint and can effectively translate business problems into technical requirements and solutions. You are comfortable leading and growing a multi-disciplined engineering team and work well with other leaders across the organization. Most importantly, you are passionate about fixing our fractured healthcare system by leveraging technology.
As the Head of Engineering at Violet, you'll work with product, operations, and design to deliver an exceptional product experience for our growing set of clients. As our company scales, you will also be building, mentoring, and developing your team. You will also have an opportunity to work with our advisors and investors to scale our technical solutions.
You’re passionate about user experience and have an expert understanding of full-stack development, data engineering, and DevOps. You have a proven track record of scaling B2B platforms that are heavily reliant on data aggregation and communication.
Knowledge of the health care industry is preferred but not required. After all, we’re working to fix the existing broken system.
- Owning the strategic direction, implementation, and quality of our technical ecosystem.
- Planning and implementing our technical architecture, and identifying opportunities to shape our product roadmap.
- Partnering with operations, product, clinical and design to plan, prioritize, and develop systems and services to meet external customer requirements and support internal users.
- Building a balanced technical roadmap for the team that ensures sustainable future platform growth.
- Becoming the internal champion for engineering, by supporting the recruiting, training, and mentoring of the engineering organization.
- Implementing and improving existing development, testing, and deployment practices.
- Implementing high quality engineering and product analytics to drive data-driven decisions.
- Clearly communicating our technical architecture to various internal and external stakeholders.
Desired skills and experience:
- 7+ years of relevant experience including 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Full-stack developer with broad experience of platform development including infrastructure, architecture, DevOps, and development.
- Experience taking a product idea from 0 to 1, and then scaling the product to thousands of users.
- Prior management and leadership experience of building, mentoring, and developing a team of in-house and outsourced engineers.
- Proven ability to evaluate business objectives and translate them into meaningful engineering solutions.
- Comfortable switching context between strategic business needs and hands-on technical solution delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate tradeoffs and scope of complex technical problems to various audiences.
Why you should work here:
- Compensation: Competitive compensation base salary and generous equity.
- Healthcare: Tax free contribution to health care costs.
- PTO: Generous PTO, nine company holiday days, and a strong culture of taking time off to recharge.
- Workplace: Access to office space in New York and flexibility to work from anywhere. We believe in letting our team work wherever they are most productive.
- Equipment: Select your preferred laptop and equipment to ensure you’re setup for success.
- Team: A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed as we humanize health care.
- Most importantly: An exciting opportunity to revolutionize health care for millions whose identities are not effectively served by the current system.