At Violet, we’re on a mission to deliver more human, inclusive health care. We all deserve to be cared for by clinicians that understand our identities as well as our clinical needs.
Having recently launched partnerships with some of the best health care organizations in the world – Northwell, Brightline, SteadyMD, etc. – we’re hiring a Head of Business Development to continue enabling the health care industry to deliver more equitable health care.
Who we are:
Violet is creating the first-ever infrastructure for inclusive care via benchmarking cultural competence for providers, upskilling, and democratizing the data across the health care industry.
At Violet, we believe that a clinician’s cultural competence is an essential component for providing the right care -- especially for patients from culturally diverse communities. We believe that patients must be able to bring all of their identities to their clinicians to receive the care they deserve.
Prior to building Violet, the founding team spent years building digital health companies like Oscar and Tempest. The team has already built v1 of the platform and is actively onboarding a select set of strategic digital health and hospital system partners.
Who you are:
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Business Development to cultivate relationships, including from their existing network, and develop innovative business opportunities for Violet with provider and payer organizations.
We’re looking for a proactive and experienced business development professional with experience selling B2B software services to health care organizations. You understand the challenges and opportunities of working in an early-stage startup and enjoy building and scaling processes. Most importantly, you are passionate about fixing our fractured health care system by leveraging technology. You’ll be working with the team to ensure everyone can access the inclusive care they deserve.
As the first Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Business Development Strategy, including managing our existing network of partners. strategically prospecting potential partnerships, and cultivating relationships with our strategic partners. You will collaborate closely with our CEO, investors, and advisors.
Knowledge of selling to digital health organizations, hospital systems, insurers, and other enterprises looking at increasing health equity with data-driven personalization.
- Prospecting and generating partnership opportunities with enterprise health care organizations (e.g. hospital systems, provider networks, etc.) that are passionate about delivering inclusive health care.
- Become the SME for health care partnership opportunities, including building repeatable processes and playbooks.
- Building relationships and selling consultatively to drive buying decisions of VP, Director, and C-Level executives at healthcare provider and payer organizations.
- Working with our Customer Success Manager and founding team on scaling existing enterprise relationships, including a mix of digital health brands, regional provider clinics, and large health systems.
- Owning the strategic direction, implementation, and quality measures of our sales and partnerships functions.
- Partnering with operations, product, clinical, and marketing to plan, prioritize, and develop systems and services to meet provider organization requirements.
- Clearly distilling and communicating requirements articulated by potential partners as our platform evolves.
- Fostering a learning culture, focused on high-performance, agility, and creativity within the team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant B2B health care sales and partnership experience, ideally including experience in a leadership role.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with a strong focus on maintaining high quality up to date data and notes on all interactions.
- A strong champion of developing scalable, repeatable systems and processes in our CRM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly liaise between internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable switching context between strategic business needs and hands-on sales and account management support.
- Proven ability to evaluate business objectives and translate them into meaningful sales support solutions.
- Desire and/or experience managing a team.
Why you should join our journey of revolutionizing health care:
- Team: A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed as we humanize health care.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation base salary and generous equity.
- Health care: Reimbursement of eligible health care expenses through a QSHERA, including premiums through the Marketplace.
- PTO: Generous PTO, nine company holiday days and a strong culture of taking time off to recharge.
- Workplace: Access to office space in New York and flexibility to work from anywhere. We believe in letting our team work wherever they are most productive.
- Equipment: Select your preferred laptop and equipment to ensure you’re set up for success.
- Most importantly: An exciting opportunity to revolutionize health care for millions of culturally diverse Americans that are looking for more inclusive care.