Full Stack Software Engineer
$120k - $160k
0.25% - 0.90%
Remote (USA) / New York, NY
At Violet, we’re on a mission to create more equitable health care. We all deserve to be cared for by clinicians and care providers that understand our diverse identities as well as our clinical needs. We’re looking for an exceptional engineering leader to join our mission.
Having recently launched partnerships with some of the best health care organizations in the world – Northwell, Brightline, Parsley, NOCD, etc. – we’re hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer to continue enabling the health care industry to deliver more equitable health care.
Who we are:
Violet is creating the first-ever infrastructure for inclusive care via benchmarking cultural competence for providers, upskilling, and democratizing the data across the health care industry.
At Violet, we believe that a clinician’s cultural competence is an essential component for providing the right care -- especially for patients from culturally diverse communities. We believe that patients must be able to bring all of their identities to their clinicians to receive the care they deserve.
Prior to building Violet, the founding team spent years building digital health companies like Oscar, Iora, and Tempest. The team has already built v1 of the platform and is actively onboarding a select set of strategic digital health and hospital system partners.
We’re currently building products to support data collection, analysis, and storage. We will be developing machine learning to help us automate our data analysis and scoring processes as well.
Who you are:
You're an experienced full-stack developer and are excited by the challenges of a fast-paced startup. You’re willing to jump in and learn new systems and technologies to meet a range of business needs. You are comfortable with ambiguity and appreciate your voice being heard and valued while refining stories, designing architecture, and collaborating with product, engineering, and operations colleagues. Most importantly, you are passionate about building health equity with technology.
As a full-stack engineer at Violet, you'll be joining a diverse and growing team to come up with solutions to varied problems across front-end, back-end, and infrastructure areas. You’ll bring a broad range of skills and experiences to the team, and are excited about building our technology. You’re passionate about user experience and building impactful software. Knowledge of the healthcare industry is preferred but not required; after all, we’re working to fix the broken system.
- Partner with members across the team to plan, architect, and implement solutions to user and business problems.
- Champion good engineering practices including excellent documentation and compassionately critical code review.
- Support and improve development, testing, deployment, and bug tracking practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eager to work with a cross-functional team to solve complex problems.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Experience working in small teams practicing an agile approach to development.
Why you should join our journey of revolutionizing health care:
- Team: A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed as we humanize health care.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation base salary and generous equity.
- Health care: Reimbursement of eligible health care expenses through a QSEHRA, including premiums through the Marketplace. More information about how a QSEHRA works can be found here.
- PTO: Generous PTO, nine company holiday days, and a strong culture of taking time off to recharge.
- Workplace: Access to office space in New York and flexibility to work from anywhere. We believe in letting our teamwork wherever they are most productive.
- Equipment: Select your preferred laptop and equipment to ensure you’re set up for success.