At Violet, we’re on a mission to create more human, identity-centered healthcare. We all deserve to be cared for by clinicians and care providers that understand our identities as well as our clinical needs. We’re looking for an exceptional marketing leader to join our mission of humanizing healthcare.
Who we are
Violet is the first platform dedicated to benchmarking cultural competencies within healthcare organizations, upskilling clinical teams to become more culturally competent, and helping the healthcare industry deliver identity-centered healthcare for all patients.
At Violet, we believe that a clinician’s cultural competence is an essential component for providing the right care -- especially for patients from culturally diverse communities. We believe that patients must be able to bring all of their identities to their clinicians to receive the care they deserve. In order to help patients find the right care providers, we leverage data to benchmark where each provider is in their journey of being inclusive, and we provide access to education to upskill each provider so they can become more inclusive.
Prior to building Violet, the founding team spent years building digital health companies like Oscar and Tempest. The team has already built v1 of the platform and is actively onboarding a select set of strategic digital health and hospital system partners.
Who you are
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing to help us effectively and consistently tell our story to potential customers and their users.
You're a hands-on marketing leader with at least 7 years of experience owning and delivering marketing for a B2B SaaS product. As the first marketing hire you will be responsible for both marketing strategy and effective delivery, working closely with our part-time creative director and a range of contractors.
As the Director of Marketing at Violet, you’ll work closely with sales, product and customer success to effectively market our product to both our B2B customers and to their users. You’re passionate about effectively communicating the value of a product and highly adept at telling that story to a range of audiences. You’re an expert at developing marketing strategy and delivering content marketing to multiple audiences which makes effective use of resources.
Knowledge of the healthcare industry is preferred but not required. After all, we’re working to fix the existing broken system.
- Owning the strategic direction and implementation of our go-to market plan.
- Own the tactical delivery of our marketing plan including owning our website, email marketing, social media, content strategy and public relations.
- Partnering with creative, product and clinical to develop and refine the Violet voice and tone.
- Maximize our brand awareness, partnership opportunities and earned media through implementation of creative marketing tactics.
- Defining, and agree with the leadership team, OKRs and KPIs for the marketing department.
- Allocating track and manage budget to deliver against KPIs.
- Supporting delivery of marketing our product to users within customer organizations.
- Partnering with sales, product and customer success to continually refine our messaging in response to feedback from customers.
- Leading market sizing and market research to inform our go-to market strategy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience including 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience marketing a new product and then scaling the product to thousands of users.
- Prior management and leadership experience of building, mentoring, and developing a team of in-house and outsourced engineers.
- A broad range of marketing experience across all marketing disciplines.
- Able to effectively manage contract resources across multiple projects.
- Highly proficient with Google Analytics and HubSpot marketing suite. Able to quickly learn new products and tools.
- Experience developing written content across a range of channels.
- Exceptional analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) to enable evidence-based decision making about priorities and spend.
- Comfortable switching context between strategic business needs and hands-on delivery.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Why you should work here
- Compensation: Competitive compensation base salary and generous equity.
- PTO: Generous PTO, nine company holiday days and a strong culture of taking time off to recharge.
- Workplace: Access to office space in New York and flexibility to work from anywhere. We believe in letting our team work wherever they are most productive.
- Equipment: Select your preferred laptop and equipment to ensure you’re set up for success.
- Team: A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed as we humanize healthcare.
- Most Importantly: An exciting opportunity to revolutionize healthcare for millions whose identities are not effectively served by the current healthcare system.